Each of the three cheeses in this dish brings its own flavor and texture to the shells: creamy, sweet mascarpone; soft, mild mozzarella; and sharp, salty Parmigiano-Reggiano. Combined with earthy spinach, this is one scrumptious shell filling that comes together quickly and easily.
A simple tomato sauce made with canned diced tomatoes, garlic, and flat-leaf parsley is the perfect complement to the stuffed shells.
- 16 jumbo pasta shells
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup diced fresh mozzarella (or shredded)