The humble mussel is one of the tastiest of shellfishes, in my opinion. Mussels are easy to clean, easy to cook, and easy to pair with a flavorful broth or simple butter drizzle.
For this recipe, a bit of Andouille sausage adds a savory touch and just enough heartiness to make this one-pan dish a satisfying dinner for two. Fresh tomatoes, white wine, and chicken broth provide a light, tasty broth to steam the mussels in, and everything comes together in about 20 minutes.
Note: I served this dish as dinner for two, but it would also work as a starter course for four.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz andouille sausage link, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 lb mussels, scrubbed, beards removed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley