Roasting petite “creamer” potatoes turns them deliciously golden brown outside and creamy tender inside. Once roasted, give each a light mash to break the skin, then toss them with a bright, tangy vinaigrette. It’s an easy, tasty, and very inviting side dish that you can serve hot or at room temperature.
For a buttery version, check out Butter-Fried Smashed Petite Gold Potatoes or Roasted Petite Potatoes with Rosemary-Garlic Butter.
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp whole-grain mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb petite gold (yellow creamer) potatoes (about 1-inch diameter)
- Petite Gold Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Line a shallow baking pan with parchment paper.