This gluten free Penne with Chicken and Pesto was fantastic! I was on the hunt for something for supper, with things I had on hand. It was already 4:00 in the afternoon. You know how it is, I’m sure you’ve all been there.
I came across a recipe that had Penne noodles (I had), pesto (also had), and chicken (yeah, I had that too!). After looking over the recipe, however, I noticed that it was supposed to have 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream. No, no, no. I didn’t have it, and I didn’t feel like making a dish in summer that has that much cream in it. After only a slight moment of hesitation, I knew exactly what I was going to do. This is my version of the recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- 1 (16 ounces) package gluten free penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1 cup cut up broccoli (asparagus or peas would be good as well)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (divided)