Our Virtual Progressive Dinner is going Tex-Mex!
Just the thought of Key lime pie, slushy margaritas and Margarita cheesecake make my mouth water. Tart citrus balanced with enough sugar to take away the pucker make all three treats tops in my book. For this cheesecake, the usual cream cheese, sour cream, eggs and sugar are flavored with lime juice, lime zest plus Grand Marnier and tequila. Enough for a little zip…plus, if you didn’t realize, alcohol is a flavor enhancer. Just like salt. So all the additions play a role in making one sweet, tangy and limey dessert. Perfect for our Tex-Mex party today.
- 1¼ cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- Very thin orange and lime slices, to garnish, optional