Besides being a renowned artist (check out one of her paintings in the top photo), my sister, Maddy, is an extraordinary cook. I’m the baker in the family, but Maddy has the knack to invent recipes with a pinch of this and a pinch of that. Her salsa is incredible…but mine never tastes quite as good as hers. She raved about this simple zucchini dish and offered to do a guest post for me…how could I say no? Here’s Maddy and her Zucchini Ribbons:
It is August and the zucchini are piling high on the kitchen counter and my neighbors have had their fill of donated squash. I needed to come up with a new way to use the vegetable that was easy and quick to make.
- 2 medium or one large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon each butter & olive oil or any combination of the two.
- 1 large clove minced garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Pinch or two of kosher salt
- Fresh basil, optional
- Cherry tomatoes, halved, optional
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional