These Fudge and Toffee Filled Chocolate Chip Bars will dazzle all the chocolate fanatics in your life!
I had to get these Fudge and Toffee Filled Chocolate Chip Bars out of the house ASAP. As I trimmed the edges of these decadent bars before taking photos, I sampled. And then sampled some more. It was the bit of crunch from the Heath bar chunks that made these so irresistible…well, that and the huge fudgy center layer. I had to stop before I slipped into a glucose induce coma! I took these treats up to Michigan to share with some childhood friends…to rave reviews.
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 15 (4 ounces) fun size Heath bars, cut into chunks