Cream, cake flour and alternating the wet and dry ingredients make this the best pound cake you’ll ever make!
My baking companion is never far away…
Wood shop, metal shop, sewing and home ec. In junior high, I took a quarter of each…I haven’t made a trowel or wood carving since then, but I do think some of those baking lessons paid off. Mrs. Johnson (was that her name???) gave us an assignment to bake something at home. I perused my mother’s cookbooks and found an easy recipe…pound cake. Even though I forgot the vanilla, my teacher admired the wonderful taste and texture…I could bake! Years later I found what is still the Best Pound Cake I have ever made…I promise!
- Adapted from Gourmet Magazine
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened, plus more for greasing the pan
- 7 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted twice
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy cream)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract