Coconut and pineapple has to be one of the quintessential flavor combinations of the summer! So what better fruit to add to that delicious mix than bananas? This is an updated lighter version of the classic beach cocktail, a piña colada. Instead of coconut cream, sugary juice or those nasty mixes, this summertime mocktail combines fresh and healthy ingredients for that same creamy and delicious satisfaction without all the guilt and calories.
The bananas provide plenty of sweetness, so there is no need for any sugar or sweeteners and by freezing both the bananas and the coconut milk, you won’t end up with a watered down drink as the ice slush melts. Obviously, if you wish to make this an alcoholic cocktail, add in a shot or two of your favorite rum at the end and give it another whirl in the blender.
- 2 frozen organic ripe bananas
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks (frozen will work if you cannot find fresh)
- 1 cup no sugar added organic pineapple juice
- 1/2 can organic coconut milk (full fat or light) – frozen into cubes
- Coconut flakes for garnish
- Fresh pineapple wedges for garnish