Healthier, dairy free Belgian waffle recipe. These waffles are made with almond milk and coconut oil, making them lower in calories, but just as delicious as regular Belgian waffles!
I’ve decided that having a baby is as close to feeling like a celebrity as I’m ever going to get.
Everywhere I go, Josh and I are noticed. There is no blending in.
At the grocery store, perfect strangers walk up to chat, ask how old he is and to tell me he’s a real cutie. When we go on walks, heads turn to catch a glimpse of the baby. At restaurants, the neighboring tables all stare and watch all the cute things Josh does, which is mostly just playing with his hands and looking around. Ha!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- more melted coconut oil for the waffle iron
- desired toppings, such as berries, pure maple syrup, peanut butter, coconut whipped cream, powdered sugar or jelly.