Guacamole is one of my favorite things on the planet! I adore it prepared the traditional way. But unlike pure traditionalists, I also love guac with fun “stuff” tossed into it. That means you’ll find a surprise inside this avocado delight: poached California prunes! You’ll definitely feel good knowing that important compounds in California prunes can help regulate, support, and protect digestive and bone health. So, scoop up all of the goodness in this not-your-ordinary guacamole recipe with organic corn tortilla chips and savor one pleasing bite at a time. It’s definitely a win-win for your taste buds … and your health!
Disclosure: (At time of posting) Jackie is a spokesperson for California Prune Board. She created this recipe on their behalf. The recipe is her original creation and is also available at californiadriedplums.org.
guacamole with poached california prunes
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 California prunes, diced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (divided)
- 2 Hass avocados, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin