Capture Summer in a Little Glass Jar
- Capture Summer in a Little Glass Jar
- Friday, July 30, 2010
- CAPRESE VERRINE
- Tomato Water Gelée, Burrata Cheese
- Olive Oil, Chiffonade of Basil
- Fans of the ubiquitous Insalata Caprese made with fresh buffalo mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and olive oil will go wild over our unique Caprese Verrine. Freshly extracted tomato water combined with sea salt and gelatin when chilled, creates a smooth gelée that melts on the tongue tasting of pure tomato flavor, and pure summer heaven! Layered with chopped burrata – fresh mozzarella stuffed with “rags” of mozzarella and heavy cream with all its wonderful delicate creamy, sweet, sour, and earthy flavors. Finished with fresh basil from the garden and our favorite fruity olive oil from California Olive Ranch – this little 2 oz. verrine is our new darling for summer entertaining.
- We served the Caprese Verrine as the amuse bouche at our recent Sunken City Supper Club event, “Mediterranean on the Pacific.” It was a fabulous start to an amazing al fresco summer dinner…
- Caprese Verrine Recipe
- Blend fresh juicy tomatoes in a food processor (or blender) with sea salt.