In a medium bowl, sprinkle yeast over lukewarm milk. Let sit for a minute before stirring. Let sit 10-15 minutes until frothy.
In the bowl of a large food processor fitted with a dough blade, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Add yeast and milk, melted butter, egg, and 1 1/2 cups of the chocolate chips. Process until a smooth dough forms.
Place the dough in a large, lightly greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled, 1- 1 1/2 hours.
Preheat oven to 390 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment or lightly grease.
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm milk (~105 degrees F)
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 ounces white chocolate, melted