[donotprint]Basil Lemon Pesto Pasta with Zucchini is a quick and easy vegetarian meal perfect for busy weeknights.
Can you tell how much I love zucchini with the number of zucchini recipes I have on here? Well, here’s another one and it’s so scrumptious! It’s a healthy and light dish that it’s also vegetarian if you choose to make it that way, which I did, but you can easily add shredded chicken in this or any other meat. I went all health snob with this dish by using whole wheat pasta and all organic zucchini and pesto.
- 1 lb. whole wheat pasta (I used rotini because of the spirals, it picks up the sauce really well)
- ⅔ cup of basil pesto (I bought a 6.5 oz. jar of organic basil pesto and it was exactly ⅔ cup)
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 large cloves of garlic or 1 tbsp., minced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese