A long time favorite snack for me is peanut butter and Ritz crackers. Peanut butter is good with any sort of crackers, but I favor Ritz. It seemed right natural to combine the two in a no bake pie. For a real peanut-butter-and-crackery flavor to come through in this No Bake Peanut Butter and Crackers...
Read More »
The post No Bake Peanut Butter and Crackers Pie appeared first on Syrup and Biscuits - Jackie Garvin's Southern food blog.
- yield: one (9-inch) pie
- Inspired by a favorite snack: Ritz crackers and peanut butter. I line the bottom of the crust with a peanut butter and honey filling to give an extra wallop of peanut butter next to the Ritz cracker crust. If you substitute prepared whipped topping for freshly made whipped cream, omit the heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- make the crust:
- 2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs (approx. 55 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Stir together cracker crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter and stir until all crumbs are moist.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- make the filling:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups (16 ounces) heavy whipping cream, keep cold
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- Roasted salted peanuts for garnish