The heat of summer is upon us in the Deep South. Keep plenty of cold drinks, popsicles, and Frozen Berry Cheesecake Salad with Bourbon Whipped Cream on hand. Summer in the Deep South is no joke. Every day is a jam-packed adventure of drenching sweats, frizzy hair, oppressive humidity, and biting insects. I’ve been exposed...
Read More »
The post Frozen Berry Cheesecake Salad with Bourbon Whipped Cream appeared first on Syrup and Biscuits - Jackie Garvin's Southern food blog.
- Fresh strawberries and blueberries, crumbled shortbread cookies, along with bourbon whipped cream, are folded into a cheesecake-type base and frozen in individual portions.
- yield: approximately 16 individual servings
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream, keep cold
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 8 (2-inch) pecan shortbread cookies.
- extra whipped cream, strawberries and blueberries for garnish