There’s not a season, or event, or circumstance where fix it and forget meals aren’t welcomed and enjoyed. A lot of folks feel like they meet themselves coming and going these days. Regardless of the hustle and bustle of your everyday life, Slow-Cooker French Dip Sandwich is the answer to a fine meal made easy. I...
Read More »
The post Slow-Cooker French Dip Sandwich appeared first on Syrup and Biscuits - Jackie Garvin's Southern food blog.
- yield: 8 sandwiches
- A fix-it-and-forget-it slow-cooker meal that has broad appeal to all ages and taste preferences. Be sure to choose a chuck roast to insure the final product is juicy and tender.
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 pound) chuck roast
- 4-1-1- seasoning
- 3 cups beef broth or stock
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 8 French rolls - baguette style
- 16 slices Provolone cheese