There’s not a season, or event, or circumstance where fix it and forget meals aren’t welcomed and enjoyed. A lot of folks feel like they meet themselves coming and going these days. Regardless of the hustle and bustle of your everyday life, Slow-Cooker French Dip Sandwich is the answer to a fine meal made easy.
I served this for dinner recently when my daughter and grandchildren visited. I assembled everything and got the roast on to cook in the morning. Then, we were free to enjoy each other’s company and paddle around doing first one thing and then the other. One of my daughter’s friends joined us for dinner along with her little boy.
- yield: 8 sandwiches
- A fix-it-and-forget-it slow-cooker meal that has broad appeal to all ages and taste preferences. Be sure to choose a chuck roast to insure the final product is juicy and tender.
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 pound) chuck roast
- 4-1-1- seasoning
- 3 cups beef broth or stock
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 8 French rolls - baguette style
- 16 slices Provolone cheese