I was compensated by Wish Farms for this sponsored ad. All thoughts and opinions are my own. My husband and I have a bowl of berries with our breakfast almost every morning. The composition might change, somewhat, according to what’s available. We love our berries fresh without any added sugar or honey. We always look...
Read More »
The post Blueberry Cream Biscuits with Blueberry Lime Butter appeared first on Syrup and Biscuits - Jackie Garvin's Southern food blog.
- yield: 12 biscuits
- preheat oven to 450 degrees
- No rolling or cutting necessary for these flaky drop biscuits teaming with fresh sweet blueberries. Their craggy, rustic, and imperfect appearance adds to their charm. Impress your guests, and yourself, with unbelievably easy biscuits.
- 2 cups (level) soft winter wheat self-rising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries, washed and stemmed
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream, cold
- demarara (raw cane sugar) for sprinkling
- Add flour and cinnamon (if using) to a large bowl.
- Gently fold in blueberries until they're coated with flour.
- Pour in heavy whipping cream and gently stir with a large wooden spoon until all the flour is wet.
- If some of the flour remains dry, add in a little more cream or milk. You want the dough moist and sticky but not sloppy wet.
- Scoop out the dough with a standard size ice cream scoop. Place the scoops of dough 1 inch apart on a large baking sheet covered in parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Sprinkle each biscuit with demarara sugar.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until the tops have started to brown.
- Serve warm with Blueberry Lime Butter.
- Blueberry Lime Butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons blueberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Mix all ingredients together.