This is the kind of recipe that whether or not you’re a pumpkin lover it doesn’t really matter. The pumpkin is just the understudy while the chocolate is the star. The pumpkin adds a spongey texture to these little mini cupcakes that typically gluten would provide in standard white flour based recipes. Made here with gluten free flour, but whole wheat or another flour of choice would work just as well.
When you want a simple cupcake recipe for the family and the children and their friends, these can be made effortlessly as long as you have a can of pumpkin on hand. Once combined they are baked and ready in 15 minutes. With 3 kids and many friends over often, it’s the kind of recipe I live for!
- 1 cup gluten free flour ( I used Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1)
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup Swerve or erythritol
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- Optional: 1/4 cup chocolate chips