This chocolate pumpkin fudge requires just a few minutes in the blender and short time in the freezer. It’s sugar-free, low carb, gluten free and FUDGEY!
I can’t lie and tell you I’m a fan of fudge. I’m really just not that into it, never have been. What I am a fan of though is CHOCOLATE and Snacks that provide double duty. This fudge was created out of my need for chocolate but desire for a low carb protein filled snack.
Pumpkin fell into it simply because it’s the season of all things pumpkin, is it not? Everywhere you turn is a pumpkin flavored recipe, not that I’m complaining, I love the stuff. But the star isn’t the pumpkin here, it’s really the chocolate. The first bite of this soft, smooth chocolaty fudge will be heavenly but the hint of pumpkin will linger on your tongue shortly after, which is nice subtle surprise.
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup softened coconut oil
- 4 scoops chocolate protein powder (I used Lean Body for Her)
- 2/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon liquid stevia
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- pinch salt
- Optional toppings: pumpkin seeds, carob chips, toasted coconut