These flourless cookies are easily adapted with any nut butter or even sunflower butter for a nut free version if you prefer. Gluten free, grain free, free of refined sugars, sweetened slightly with applesauce and some natural jam.
Recently I was reading the June issue of Cooking Light and saw a recipe for simple peanut butter cookies without flour. They of course contained regular white sugar as well as brown sugar. Since I haven’t made a cookie recipe for the blog since Christmas I thought adapting them would be simple enough to make without sugar. Not only that but they took little time, few ingredients and are so versatile you’ll be in love with them as much as I am.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup erythritol ( I used Swerve)
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid vanilla stevia
- 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter or choice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 5 -1/4 teaspoons all natural jam or jelly, divided (I used Polaner)