Are you ever jealous when you drive by or head into the mall and spy luscious frozen type beverages, smoothies, ice cream or what not and feel slightly deprived either because you have an intolerance or allergy or just because you choose not to eat certain ingredients?
Ice cream milkshakes conjure up a whole lot of emotions for me as a child with my grandmother taking me to McDonalds and getting me a milkshake with my happy meal. Ferociously and with such determination I tried my hardest to suck the thickest milkshake in the history of thick milkshakes, through the skinniest of straws before I resorted and with sad defeat asked for a spoon. To this day I can’t have iced coffee or even my daily seltzer water without using a straw, just something about that straw.
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon liquid coconut stevia