Italian Green Bean Salad is a great way to enjoy fresh green beans from your garden or serve as a healthy side dish at any cookout or BBQ!
Just by adding a few simple fresh ingredients brings the ordinary green bean to a new yummy level! Cucumbers. tomatoes, fresh herbs, a little cheese and a perfect Italian dressing makes this a recipe everyone will enjoy!
You could of course eliminate the cheese, but the nice chunks of cheese here give the salad a good bite and texture without adding any meat making this a hearty salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans (I used Italian from my garden)
- 2 cups English cucumber with skin, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh curly or flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, chunks
- Italian Dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper