If you’re looking for a fabulous and healthy side dish to take to a barbecue or cook out this recipe is the perfect one. Making it ahead the day before so the flavors of the dressing can marry and you’ve got one easy not cooking required side dish everyone will love!
Black beans and mango are the perfect combination but adding a little ginger dressing takes this over the top with bright flavors!
The original recipe is one from my life long friend who now lives in Pennsylvania. She served it to me about 10 years ago! It was actually a heated black bean side topped with cold mango salsa. I’ve shared the mango salsa on my blog, but never put the two together, until now.
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans Black Beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 mangos, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- optional: 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- Orange Ginger Dressing
- Juice & zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 inch knob ginger, grated
- optional: 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes