Quinoa is becoming more and more popular and for good reason. It’s perfect in every way! It’s a hearty seed that tastes like a filling grain. It’s gluten free and you can add it to almost anything; soups & salads, stuffed peppers and it’s always a big hit to all who try it.
My first baked quinoa bite recipe was back in March 2012. I adapted the recipe from one I found on Pinterest. Although I loved it my kids weren’t keen on them. I decided to adapt the recipe even more and this is a newer version I am much happier with.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup fresh finely chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons gluten free flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice