A beautiful and hearty salad with a Greek style flare! This recipe is perfect for company as a side dish or even a main dish salad over a bed of mixed greens and more veggies.
Wonderful for vegetarians and those who are gluten free, but especially helpful for regular families as well! If you try to serve meatless meals to your family on Mondays as is the common theme these days, they will certainly not notice the lack of meat in this yummy salad!
You can make this with white quinoa, red or this wonderful tri-color mixture I found at Trader Joe’s. Taste is still delicious and for me not much of a difference in flavor compared to typical white quinoa, but it surely is pretty and rustic don’t you think?
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (tri-color, red or white)
- 1/4 cup crumbled light feta cheese
- 1/4 cup or 12 pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 cup English cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame (soy beans)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste