A perfect little cake for breakfast, yes, cake for breakfast! 20 grams of protein in this cake and no protein powder was used!
With a combination of oats and egg whites, this makes for a nice balance of protein and carbs to get you on your way and start your day healthy.
Completely filling and won’t leave you hungry for a snack in an hour! The best part is it can be made in the microwave in 3 minutes! You can bake it in the oven if you prefer as well.
You can also make it with or without almond milk, use regular milk or water. I’ve tried it with water and it still tastes just as good as using almond milk and less calories too!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats or quick oats (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened or water
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (use gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash salt
- 3 droppers vanilla liquid stevia or 1 packet powdered stevia
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- optional toppings: chopped almonds, raisins, dried fruit, coconut milk, honey