Classic snickerdoodles are fabulous it’s true. Soft, buttery, sugary, rolled in more sugar before baking…..you know what I’m talking about don’t you? I’d love to eat them myself, I would ….. the problem is I can’t stop eating them and that’s why I can’t make them typical and traditional.
Once I realized I needed to avoid white flour and refined sugar baking and products I knew I had to find a way to enjoy life without them and be happy about it. It isn’t always easy, but I don’t crave sugary baked goods anymore and that my friends, is the most freeing result of living sugar-free one day at a time.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons liquid cinnamon or vanilla stevia
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- optional: 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- optional coating: 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons sucanat