Soft, moist, JUMBO sized and all made without sugar! A comforting breakfast or snack in the fall season, don’t you think?
This is an adapted recipe of my Pumpkin Spice muffins which have sucanat in them. They both are delicious so it is really your preference on which sweetener you like. I personally think you should make both and do a taste test on your family, that’s always fun.
You could certainly make these average in size and get about 16-18 but I didn’t feel like cleaning another pan so hence they are Gigantic!
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon powdered stevia (or 4-6 packets or 2 teaspoons liquid )
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1- 15 ounce can solid packed pure pumpkin or 2 cups
- 1 cup milk, 1%
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: nuts, chocolate chips, raisins