A clean eating chocolate chip cookie dough cake that is healthy and incredibly moist and delicious!
This cake is made with whole wheat flour, egg whites and no white refined sugar that actually looks and tastes amazing?
Can it be real?? YES and yes again!
You can’t have a birthday without having cake at least in my opinion anyway. Recently, two days after Thanksgiving to be exact, I celebrate mine and this is what I made!
No one could tell it was made with healthier ingredients. It certainly didn’t lack in fudgy chocolatey taste!
- Chocolate Cake
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup brown rice syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- 12 egg whites or 1 3/4 cup 100% pasteurized egg whites
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup or honey or sucanat
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup white whole wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, grain sweetened or 70% cocoa or higher, or sugar free if you can find them
- Chocolate Syrup
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons milk, 1%