Pumpkin pie flavor in a flaky, tasty scone with or without chocolate chips! A little indulgent yes, wonderful on occasions, yes again! A few more calories and fat than I normally post, but well worth it my friends, your family will love these!
This recipe is a little adaption from my Clean Eating Strawberry scones. I’ve eliminated the sucanat sweetener all together so these are simple with stevia. If you don’t have stevia then go ahead and use the 1 cup of sucanat like in the strawberry scone recipe.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon stevia powder
- 5 tablespoons cold, butter cut in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk of choice, I used 1%.
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips ( I use sugar-free by the brand Lily's)