Collared green mock sushi rolls??? Have I lost my mind????? Yes and No!!
Recently I blanched a bunch of collard green leaves for my Collard Green Burrito recipe so I had them quite a few more sitting in the fridge. Yeah I could have made more burritos but that would have been boring. The idea for then came to me for using the leaves like seaweed for sushi. We had recently enjoyed some, well I mean the hubby, the 12 year old and me, NOT the younger two who hate sushi. So sushi was fresh on my mind! And of course I was hoping 1 out of 3 picky kids might eat these!
- 2 Blanched Collard Greens, stem removed, sliced in half lengthwise* or use Kale
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, light
- 2 ounces deli chicken (mine was 60 calories for 2 oz)
- 1 celery stalk, match stick style
- 1/2 cup red and yellow pepper slices