Zucchini and summer squash are abundant at this time of year. If you are looking for a great way to use some up if you have too many from your garden this recipe is perfect for you. Takes not time to slice these up, toss with a terrific dressing and it is a perfect side dish to any meal or even served as an appetizer for a party.
This past week you saw my Feta Kale Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps recipe and probably remember seeing this plate too. I enjoyed this zucchini salad with a grilled chicken thigh and my huge mushroom and it was super filling and satisfying!
- 2 medium zucchini or 4 cups sliced
- 1 large yellow summer squash or 2 cups sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces mozzarella, cubed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper to taste