Quiche is traditionally made with eggs, cheese, cream, and lots of salt, but since I avoid these ingredients, you won’t find any of them in this recipe. But—this crustless quiche is packed full of delicious vegetables, herbs and spices, and has a great flavor! Ideal for a special occasion breakfast, lunch or dinner.
I recommend chopping and preparing all of the vegetables before beginning with the recipe steps (this makes it a lot easier since there are many steps.) Also, reading through the recipe once or twice first seems to always ease the process with recipes like this that are a bit more involved. I developed this as a crustless quiche, since it speeds preparation, but if you have a savory crust that you like, give it a go!
- 8 spears of asparagus
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (about 5 medium cremini or white)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 1½ cups)
- 1½ teaspoons finely chopped garlic (1-2 cloves)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1½ teaspoons mild or medium curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, chopped