This easy pasta dish, traditionally made with cheese, milk, butter and oil, has been given a healthy makeover, using cashews and white beans to create the creamy white sauce. The cashews add richness while the white beans help keep the calories down.
Click here to visit my Amazon kitchen store with all my favorite products (appliances, pans, kitchen tools, food items, and books). When you make a purchase, I receive a small commission that helps support this site. Thank you for your purchase and your support!
- ¾ cup water
- 2 ounces raw, unsalted cashews (about ½ cup)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¾ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg (or a pinch to ¼ teaspoon preground)
- 1 ounce cashews, walnuts, or pine nuts (about ¼ cup; for optional garnish)
- Chopped parsley (for optional garnish)