Serve this flavorful chunky salsa with corn chips or in steamed corn tortillas with rice, or on top of salads, hash browns, or baked or mashed potatoes. For a smoother Spicy Black Bean Dip, simply blend all of the ingredients in a food processor (see Notes).
In the photo above, the salsa is served on top of mashed potatoes and garnished with avocado and cilantro, with a side of steamed asparagus, and lime water.
Above: Spicy Black Bean Salsa. If you like your salsa really spicy and hot, feel free to add some cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, hot sauce, or chopped jalapeño peppers.
- ¾ cup corn kernels (thaw first if frozen)
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon granulated onion
- ½ teaspoon regular or smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic (or 1 medium clove, finely chopped)