So I've been trying to eat healthier lately and as a result have been checking out some veggies I hadn't really tried before.
Spaghetti Squash... sounded interesting... Tawny said it was good... why not?
So I picked one up.
But what the heck am I supposed to do with it?
I started browsing recipes and found one on Artsy-Foodie.
Spaghetti Squash PLUS quinoa?! Wow! This totally fills the bill! So that was the base for this recipe.
- As you can tell, I haven't really been blogging lately, so I didn't take the step by step pics I usually have. But this recipe is just way too good not to share!
- Spaghetti Squash Quinoa Veggie Bake (printable recipe)
- 4 C cooked spaghetti squash (1 squash)
- 2 C cooked quinoa (cooked in veggie stock)
- 16 oz lowfat cottage cheese (I used Fiber One)
- 1/4 C chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 C chopped mushrooms
- 1 can Rotel, drained
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 8 oz shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 TBLS herbs (I used Penzeys Fox Point)
- drizzle of olive oil