I've been seeing this recipe a lot over the past couple of years and wanting to try it. But it seemed like one of those things that my family might not like. No real reason, just a feeling. So I kept putting it aside.
Well, let me tell ya, I wish I had tried it a lot sooner! It was SO good!
- Well, let me tell ya, I wish I had tried it a lot sooner! It was SO good!
- Chicken Peanut Stew
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled & cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded & diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 in piece ginger root, grated
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- chopped peanuts, if desired
- skinny chile pepper slices, if desired
- Cut the chicken (breast or thighs, whatever you prefer) into bite sized pieces.
- Chop the veggies.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven. Add onions and jalapenos. Cook until onions are slightly translucent.
- Add chicken. Cook and stir a few minutes. Add ginger, garlic, tomato paste, curry, coriander. Cook a few minutes until spices are really fragrant.
- Add chicken broth, peanut butter, brown sugar and sweet chili sauce. Stir and cook until well combined. Add potatoes, sweet potatoes and tomatoes. Stir.