Zucchini Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting are delicious and moist with a few mini chocolate chips added into the batter. On top there is a thick layer if caramel frosting. This is sure to be one of your favorite ways to use that garden fresh summer zucchini.
The from scratch cupcake batter is flavored with cinnamon, cloves, a little almond extract, and some orange juice.
One and a half cups of shredded zucchini help keep the cupcakes moist and add some nutrition. The cupcakes are light and tender with some sweetness, but not too much.
Most of the sweetness comes from the really sweet caramel frosting. It has lots of brown sugar and you will have a hard time not just eating it by the spoonful.
Zucchini Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting
Zucchini Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting are delicious and moist with a few mini chocolate chips added into the batter.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, (cubed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract