Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread is full of chocolate and peanut butter. A full 1 1/2 cups of mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups is added to the batter and for even more yumminess a peanut butter glaze is drizzled on top. I got the inspiration for this bread from Gayle at Pumkin n Spice. My eyeballs about popped out of my head when I saw how delicious her Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread looked.
Gayle used Reese’s Peanut Butter Spread to make a glaze for her bread. It looked so good, I had to have it in my life too. I couldn’t find any Reeses Peanut Butter Spread at the store so instead I bought Jif Whipped Creamy Peanut Butter. It isn’t really the same thing at all because Gayle described the peanut butter spread as being thicker than peanut butter and obviously whipped peanut butter is much lighter in texture.
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1½ cups mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package mini peanut butter cups (about 1½ cups)
- ½ cup whipped peanut butter
- ½ to 1 tablespoon granulated sugar