A Cheesy Green Bean Casserole made from fresh green beans with sautéed mushrooms and a crunchy fried onion topping. This is a must make recipe for the holidays or any large family gathering. With a cup and a half of shredded cheddar, it is supremely cheesy.
I am in love with casseroles all year long but especially in the fall. There are so many reasons to love casseroles. They can be made ahead of time, feed a crowd, and leftovers reheat well.
Green Bean Casserole is always a family a favorite. Except with my son who always says I should have made broccoli casserole instead.
- 4 cups of green beans (ends trimmed and long ones cut in half)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (4-ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (6-ounce) can French-fried onions, divided