Today is the 2nd annual National Kale Day and I am proud to be an official Kale Ambassador!
I had a great time hosting a “pre-party” at the Foster City Library on Monday as part of my healthy cooking class series, The Doctor’s Spicebox.
Here is one of the dishes I developed for the class, a one pot meal of kale, turkey sausage and bulgur, one of my favorite whole grains. It went fast!
Kale with Chicken Sausage and Whole Grains
Get your iron and fiber-packed whole grains along with a healthy serving of kale in this hearty and flavorful one-pot dish.
- 4 chicken sausages, sliced into discs
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
- 4 tbsp evoo
- 1 bunch kale, chopped roughly
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cups cooked bulgur wheat (or farro, or brown rice)
- 280 cal
- 30g carb
- 14g fat
- 12 g protein
- 369 mg sodium
- 1g sugar