We’re just back from a two-week stay in Provincetown, Massachusetts at the tip of Cape Cod. We made the trek up the east coast, canine kids in tow, in two days. Following the Halloween festivities on Saturday, we made the trip back to Atlanta. Being our first long road trip with the dogs, I’m pleased to say that with a car packed to the gills, Greeley, Olive, and Milo made the trip like real champs.
Jim and Mr. Milo
The Cape is incredibly beautiful year-round, but this year was special. Due to a drier summer in the area, the peak season for fall color was later than normal. Beautiful golds, oranges, and reds; mid-50 degree temperatures; and crystal-clear, crisp days were perfect conditions for long afternoon walks along Commercial Street.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cored and roughly chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large fennel bulb, cored and cut into eighths
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces crème fraiche
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Fennel fronds (for garnish)