Years ago, I spent a month in Nepal trekking around Mt. Everest, so for obvious reasons, I was excited to see Everest, the movie. Right off the bat, let me say that I can be a little bit of a ditz. About three weeks ago, I saw a blurb about the movie and thought I read that it opened that day. I promptly signed on to Fandango and bought tickets for Friday night.
Jim and I made it to the theatre promptly at 7:30 for the 8:00 movie. When the ticket taker scanned our tickets, they were rejected, but seeing that we had what appeared to be legitimate tickets, she let us in any way. As we walked past the 24 theatres, Everest was nowhere to be found. After a quick review of our tickets, I realized opening night was two weeks later. Oops!!
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 small acorn squash
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, separated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped candied (crystalized) ginger
- 1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- Sliced candied ginger (for garnish)
- Thyme sprigs (for garnish)