Sprinkle mixture over both sides of chicken tenders.
Grill chicken on gas grill or grill pan on the cooktop for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Stack tortillas and cut into 1/2 inch strips. Cut crosswise to create strips of equal length of about 2 inches.
In batches, fry tortilla strips until slightly browning and crispy. Drain on paper towel.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Ladle soup into shallow bowls and garnish with tortilla strips, avocado, lime, cheese, and cilantro.
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Olive oil
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 28 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 avocado, sliced (for garnish)
- 3/4 cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese (for garnish)
- Cilantro (for garnish)
- Lime wedges (for garnish)