The retro broccoli grape salad was popular for a reason — it’s amazing, especially my Mom’s, which was the hit of every summer party. An unlikely combo of broccoli, grapes, almonds, and bacon in a creamy dressing seriously works. If it’s been a while since you’ve had broccoli grape salad — or if you’ve never had it (whut!) — whip this up for your Fourth of July shindig and watch the bowl magically empty.
My mom was born on the 4th of July, and even though she’s long passed, that holiday still means one thing — and she’d want it this way — outdoor party time!
- 3/4 cup mayo (I use Duke's; Mom always loved Hellman's)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup green and red grapes, cut in halves or quarters
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 strips turkey bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1 green onion, very thinly sliced