The classic American comfort food gets a super fun preparation: baked into a sliceable pie stuffed with cheese and sweetly savory caramelized onions. Everyone will love spaghetti pie!
Jump to Recipe
I love spaghetti. I love spaghetti <— thiiiiiiiiiiiiis —> much. Spaghetti is a weekly staple. And when I’m having one of those weeks — you know what I’m talkin’ about — sometimes it’s an all-the-days-that-end-in-y dinner.
In the winter, it’s spaghetti with marinara sauce. (Sometimes I get fancy and saute some mushrooms, too.) In the summer, it’s a cold spaghetti salad that I love so much I could eat on every day that has a “y” … for dinner and lunch.
- 2 strips thick bacon
- red wine, for deglazing (optional)
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups grated quality cheddar
- 1 cup grated melty cheese, such as fontina
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano reggiano