**I made this delicious and easy angel food cake birthday cake using Reddi-wip® as part of a sponsored post. All opinions are my own. #PartyReddi
It’s almost my son’s 1st birthday- let the party planning begin! There are so many great birthday party ideas on pinterest, but I want to share with you 5 simple ways to have a great birthday party for your children this spring or summer without breaking your back or your bank account.
1) Throw the birthday party outside. With the beautiful spring and summer weather, having the birthday party outside in your own back yard will be perfect. The beautiful flowers and trees are the perfect back drop to save on some decorations, plus this keeps your house from becoming a mess, or you from having to pay to rent out a venue.
2) Plan. Plan. Plan. When you give yourself time to plan out activities, decorations, food and the guest list you’ll be able to work out and rework all the details to make sure everything goes just perfect on your child’s special day. This way you’re not buying anything last minute and inevitably overspending.
3) DIY as much as possible. Another benefit to planning ahead is you’ll have time to make a lot of the things you need for the party yourself. Make your own invitations on your computer. Grab some simple decorations from the store. Make your own food for the party (something like hotdogs cooked on the grill would be perfect for a summer party!).
4) Make simple goody bags. Kids love going home with goody bags, but they mostly don’t care what’s in them. Grab a few simple toys, like chalk, a bottle of bubbles, or play dough and a few pieces of candy and they’ll go home happy.
5) Last but not least, the most important step to a wonderful birthday party is a delicious birthday cake. But that doesn’t mean you have to slave for hours to have a delicious birthday cake. Instead you can head to Walmart, grab an angel food cake from their bakery***, a can or two of Reddi-wip® products, and a package or two of fresh berries.** Walmart is perfect because it has all the birthday supplies you might need – but back to the cake:
- 1 angel food cake
- 1 or 2 cans of Reddi-wip topping
- fresh berries (I chose strawberries, raspberries and blackberries, but you can just choose your favorite!)