This Cinnamon Apple Galette is easier than pie, but just as delicious. Drizzled with a Salted Maple Glaze and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, this is the tastiest way to eat the season’s best apples.
I am a huge fan of galettes! They are everything I love about pie, but without all the fuss. You still get that crispy, flaky pie crust with a galette, but it’s easier to work with and it looks fancy without all the pressure and effort required of a traditional pie. Galettes also tend to take less time to cook, which means an easier dessert overall.
- 1¼ cup unbleached white flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons frozen unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup ice cold water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 large apples, peeled and sliced into ¼ inch slices (about 4 cups)
- 1 heaping tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of flaky sea salt, such as Maldon's