Have you heard about all the crazy things you can do with salt?
According to the book, Solve it With Salt, you can put that salt shaker to work to: remove water stains from your porcelain tub (if you have one); make grease, red wine, and ketchup disappear from your rug; shine up your favorite brass candleholders; clean up oven spills (in place of smelly, toxic cleaners); razzle dazzle art projects with home-made salt glitter; keep ants out of your house; and soak up that smelly odor from your shoes.
- 2 red or orange peppers, stem and seeds removed
- 1 zucchini, sliced into even-sized rounds
- 1 Japanese eggplant (the long kind), sliced into even-sized rounds
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends snapped off
- 5 small tomatoes, stems removed and sliced into even-sized rounds
- Olive oil
- Lemon pepper (salt free)
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped, fresh basil, parsley, or dill (optional)
- 1 to 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Lettuce mix, washed (baby kale, arugula, and other chicories work well) — grab enough for the number of your guests, I like to think of it as about two handfuls per person